Secure Horizons is now a proud member of the UnitedHealth Group family of insurance providers. UnitedHealth Group was first started back in 1974 under the name Charter Med. They have grown quickly over the years, and now provide all sorts of life and health insurance products (including their signature Secure Horizons Medicare Plans) to customers across the nation.
- Secure Horizons is a subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group that offers supplemental Medicare coverage.
- Plan offerings depend on where you live, but Secure Horizons generally offers Medigap policies, Medicare Advantage, and Medicare Part D Drug Plans.
- The national average premium costs of Medicare supplement plans range anywhere between $45 and $118, depending on plan type.
- Medicare Supplement Plan F is the most popular plan type, as it offers 100% coverage for excess, travel, and nursing services.
- Several of Secure Horizons’ parent company subsidiaries have received strong financial strength ratings.
Affiliated Brand Names
- Secure Horizons
- UnitedHealth Group
- Started in 1974 as Charter Med
- Publically traded since 1984
- Works closely with the AARP
Secure Horizons Medicare Plans Offered
Whether or not Secure Horizons offers a particular plan in your area will depend on where you live. However, because they are a subsidiary of the UnitedHealth Group, odds are that you’ll be able to choose from the following:
|Medicare Supplement Plans||YES|
|Medicare Advantage Plans||YES|
|Medicare Part D Drug Plans||YES|
Comparison shopping is the best way to get the most value for your money. With the bar graph below, you can compare how Secure Horizons tends to stand against the national average. But remember, these are averages; in order to get a specific quote, keep reading.
This Table Represents National Average Costs of Medicare Supplement Plans
|Plan Type||Starting From||Part A Deductible||Part B Deductible||Excess||Nursing||Travel|
|Plan C||$118*||$0||$0||Not Covered||100% Covered||100% Covered||Request Info|
|$116*||$0||$0||100% Covered||100% Covered||100% Covered||Request Info|
|Plan G||$105*||$0||$233||100% Covered||100% Covered||100% Covered||Request Info|
|Plan B||$104*||$0||$233||Not Covered||Not Covered||Not Covered||Request Info|
|Plan N||$70*||$0||$233||Not Covered||100% Covered||100% Covered||Request Info|
|Plan D||$97*||$0||$233||Not Covered||100% Covered||100% Covered||Request Info|
|Plan A||$69*||$1,556||$233||Not Covered||Not Covered||Not Covered||Request Info|
|Plan L||$76*||$389||$233||Not Covered||75% Covered||Not Covered||Request Info|
|Plan K||$45*||$778||$233||Not Covered||50% Covered||Not Covered||Request Info|
|Plan M||$97*||$778||$233||Not Covered||100% Covered||100% Covered||Request Info|
Financial Strength Ratings
Knowing a company’s financial strength rating can help you determine whether or not they will be reliable over the long haul. While Secure Horizons itself may be lacking an official financial strength rating, several of its parent company subsidiaries have received an A rating from A.M. Best.
|A.M. Best Rating||No Rating|
|Standard & Poor’s Rating||No Rating|
|Moody’s Rating||No Rating|
*Ratings as of 2/17/15
Secure Horizons Review
Secure Horizons, now a member of UnitedHealth Group, has decades of experience providing financial health products to senior citizens and retired persons. The company works closely with the AARP to enhance the quality of healthcare for retired Americans. Their partnership is a ringing endorsement of the company.
- Market Experience
- Fast Claims Processing
- Strong Financial Reserves
- Competitive Rates
- Customer Satisfaction
How To File A Claim With Secure Horizons
Telephone Number: 1-800-224-6602
To speak with a person:
- Say “Member” or press “1”
- Enter the numeric portion of your member ID (located on the back of your card)
Company Contact Information
UnitedHealthcare of the River Valley
P.O. Box 5230
Kingston, New York
How To Get A Rate Quote
Customers looking to get a rate quote, or learn more about plans have 2 options:
- Call a licensed insurance representative at: (877) 910-7579
- Complete an online quote request at: