Humana’s expertise in senior citizen health care can be traced back to the company’s roots. The organization was founded in 1961 as a nursing home company. Since then, the business has expanded to provide health benefits for young and old, individuals and families, in all 50 states.
Affiliated Brand Names
- Humana Inc.
- Humana Medical Plan, Inc.
- Humanadental Insurance Company
- 3rd largest health insurance provider in the US
- Ranked 73rd on Fortune 500
- Kentucky-based business with over 52,000 employees
- Offers competitive plans in all 50 states
Medicare Plans Offered
For your convenience, Humana offers a variety of Medicare insurance plans and programs. You can choose from an Advantage plan, a Medigap policy, or a Part D prescription drug plan.
|Medicare Supplement Plans||YES|
|Medicare Advantage Plans||YES|
|Medicare Part D Drug Plans||YES|
Humana Premium Comparison
You can find nationwide averages for Humana premiums below. These numbers were compiled using a set of data points based the age and marital status of individuals and couples across the country. Your exact quote might not be exactly the same; however, comparing averages can be beneficial to the purchasing process.
This Table Represents National Average Costs of Medicare Supplement Plans
|Plan Type||Starting From||Part A Deductible||Part B Deductible||Excess||Nursing||Travel|
|Plan C||$118*||$0||$0||Not Covered||100% Covered||100% Covered|
|Plan F||$116*||$0||$0||100% Covered||100% Covered||100% Covered|
|Plan G||$105*||$0||$233||100% Covered||100% Covered||100% Covered|
|Plan B||$104*||$0||$233||Not Covered||Not Covered||Not Covered|
|Plan N||$70*||$0||$233||Not Covered||100% Covered||100% Covered|
|Plan D||$97*||$0||$233||Not Covered||100% Covered||100% Covered|
|Plan A||$69*||$1,556||$233||Not Covered||Not Covered||Not Covered|
|Plan L||$76*||$389||$233||Not Covered||75% Covered||Not Covered|
|Plan K||$45*||$778||$233||Not Covered||50% Covered||Not Covered|
|Plan M||$97*||$778||$233||Not Covered||100% Covered||100% Covered|
Financial Strength Ratings
Examining a company’s finacial rating can make it easier to decide if a business is strong enough maintain financial solvency and pay out on medical claims. The three major rating entities are Standard & Poor’s, Moody’s, and A.M. Best. Their financial scores for Humana can be found in this chart:
|A.M. Best Rating||A-|
|Standard & Poor’s Rating||A|
*Ratings as of 2/17/15
As noted earlier, Humana started as a nursing home company in the early 1960’s and quickly grew into a national entity. They offer a variety of Medicare plans, as well as health insurance benefits for individuals and families of all ages.
- National Presence
- Decades of Experience
- Strong Financial Rating
- Competitive Plans & Premiums
- High Customer Satisfaction
How To File A Claim With Humana
- Medicare Advantage: 1-800-457-4708
- Prescription drug plans: 1 -800-281-6918
- Medicare Supplement plans: 1-800-866-0581
To speak with a person:
- Speak “yes” into the phone when prompted
- Next, answer a series of security questions, starting with your Humana member ID (which can be found on the back of your insurance card)
- After your account has been verified, you will be connected with a live operator.
Company Contact Information
Humana Correspondence Office
P.O. Box 14601
Lexington, KY 40512–4601
How To Get A Rate Quote
Customers looking to get a rate quote, or learn more about plans have 2 options:
- Call a licensed insurance representative at:(877) 910-7579
- Complete an online quote request at: