American Progressive has been helping seniors with their health and life insurance needs since 1945. The company makes a concerted effort to provide some of the highest quality forms of specialty insurance that money can buy. They are also a subsidiary of the Universal American network of health insurance providers.
- American Progressive Life Insurance is a subsidiary of the Universal American insurance network.
- American Progressive specializes in providing affordable Medicare supplement plans to retirees and adults over 50.
- Established in 1945, American Progressive has offered a variety of health and life insurance products for over 70 years.
- The company has strong financial strength, with an A.M. Best rating of B++.
Affiliated Brand Names
- American Progressive Life Insurance
- American Progressive Life & Health Insurance Company of New York
- 70 years of experience in the health & life insurance marketplace
- Proud member of the Universal American collaboration
- Specific expertise with 50+ seniors and retired Americans
- Offers competitive plans for New York State Residents
American Progressive Medicare Plans Offered
American Progressive is one of many smaller companies in the Universal American family that prides itself on providing seniors with high quality, affordable Medicare supplement plans. Consequently, their expertise helps deliver the best possible customer service to their policyholders.
|Medicare Supplement Plans||YES|
|Medicare Advantage Plans||NO|
|Medicare Part D Drug Plans||NO|
It is always a good idea to compare rates between companies and know what you’ll be expected to pay for an average supplement policy. Below, we’ve compiled a graph which illustrates how American Progressive looks against its competitors:
This Table Represents National Average Costs of Medicare Supplement Plans
|Plan Type||Starting From||Part A Deductible||Part B Deductible||Excess||Nursing||Travel|
|Plan C||$118*||$0||$0||Not Covered||100% Covered||100% Covered||Request Info|
|$116*||$0||$0||100% Covered||100% Covered||100% Covered||Request Info|
|Plan G||$105*||$0||$233||100% Covered||100% Covered||100% Covered||Request Info|
|Plan B||$104*||$0||$233||Not Covered||Not Covered||Not Covered||Request Info|
|Plan N||$70*||$0||$233||Not Covered||100% Covered||100% Covered||Request Info|
|Plan D||$97*||$0||$233||Not Covered||100% Covered||100% Covered||Request Info|
|Plan A||$69*||$1,556||$233||Not Covered||Not Covered||Not Covered||Request Info|
|Plan L||$76*||$389||$233||Not Covered||75% Covered||Not Covered||Request Info|
|Plan K||$45*||$778||$233||Not Covered||50% Covered||Not Covered||Request Info|
|Plan M||$97*||$778||$233||Not Covered||100% Covered||100% Covered||Request Info|
Financial Strength Ratings
American Progressive has received a B++ financial strength rating from A.M. Best, one of the nation’s most trusted credit and financial rating institutions. This strongly suggests that the company has a sound financial situation. Therefore, you won’t have any trouble paying out your claims.
|A.M. Best Rating||B++|
|Standard & Poor’s Rating||No Rating|
|Moody’s Rating||No Rating|
*Ratings as of 2/17/15
American Progressive Life Insurance Review
American Progressive is one of many proud providers that claim membership in the “Universal American – A Healthy Collaboration” network. Since 1945, the company has been committed to servicing American citizens over the age of 50. In addition, they specialize in Medicare supplement policies and other relevant financial products for seniors.
- Market Experience
- Fast Claims Processing
- Strong Financial Reserves
- Competitive Rates
- Customer Satisfaction
How To File A Claim With American Progressive Life Insurance
Telephone Number: 1-877-504-3918
To speak with a person:
- Press 1 for policyholders
- Remain on the line to be connected with a live operator
Company Contact Information
Universal American Policyholder Services
P.O. Box 130
Pensacola, FL 32591
How To Get A Rate Quote
Customers looking to get a rate quote or learn more about plans have two options:
- Call a licensed insurance representative at: (877) 910-7579
- Complete an online quote request at: